Every voice matters. Every vote counts.
Protest Plays Project invites THEATREMAKERS to help improve voter turnout in their communities by participating in our GET OUT THE VOTE! initiative.
Participation is easy!
- Register with Protest Plays Project (form below)
- Present short 1-3 minute plays or monologues as part of your pre-show!
- Choose plays from our royalty free (and non-partisan) GET OUT THE VOTE PLAYS Collection (available to read HERE), or write your own!
- Make voter registration information available in programs/in your lobbies/ etc. You can even invite no-partisan voter registration groups to your shows so that they can register audience members in your lobby!
Additional ways you can help activate audiences to register and to vote in the midterm elections:
- Curate a political reading series with play selections that address concerns facing your community/the nation.
- Invite civics/political science instructors to lead a non-partisan salon at your theatre. Include play/poetry readings that ask questions about issues facing your community/the nation.
- Partner with local playwrights to write short plays in response to issues on the ballot in your community/the nation. Present these plays to the public (either as readings or as performances). Allow time for audiences to discuss the plays with the creative team and local experts on the issues raised – provide snacks!